Let’s face it - laundry is a pretty dull chore. It’s repetitive and never-ending, and most people hate doing it. But there are some things about laundry that are a bit more interesting, such as how much laundry is done each day at Disney World (a lot!) or the amount of grime on your clothes you don’t even realize is there. Read on for laundry facts you never knew!
1. Ever wondered how much laundry the cast members at Disney World create? It’s quite a bit - each day, they wash roughly 285,000 pounds!
2. Did you know? Having excess suds actually makes your clothing dirtier. That’s because they hold onto soil that they then deposit back onto your laundry. Always make sure you’re using the correct amount of laundry detergent!
3. Liquid fabric softener might be beneficial for people who have eczema.
4. Ever wondered how many people use cold versus hot water when it comes to washing clothes? About half wash in warm, while 35% use cold water and only about 15% use hot.
5. If you’re trying to conserve water in your household, look no further than your washing machine, which accounts for approximately 21% of water used indoors.
6. Dryers have been around since the early 1800s when a guy in France invented a hand-cranked version.
7. NASA astronauts don’t do laundry, instead they launch dirty clothes into space! Although, Tide is now working with NASA on a way to change that.
Laundry might not be your favorite thing to do, but it’s not as boring as you think. It’s been used to communicate spy messages during wartime, dryers have been named after Norse gods, and so much more. Think about that the next time you’re waiting for your clothes to dry!
We're the experts for professional Northern NJ Dryer Vent Cleaning & repair! Give us a call at 201-345-0055 so Northern NJ Dryer Vent Wizard can help you save energy, time, and money. Some of the towns we service include: Bergen County, NJ Essex County, NJ Passaic County, NJ Morris County, NJ Ramsey, NJ and the surrounding NY Metro areas!