Did you know that June is National Safety Month? It is! What exactly does that mean? Well, National Safety Month is a time to identify dangers in your home and figure out how you can make your home safer for your family. How can you observe National Safety Month? A great way to do this is by updating or putting together a fire safety plan. Having a fire safety plan is a essential to ensuring your family’s safety in case of a fire by enabling everyone to know just how to escape your home in an emergency situation.
If you need a bit of help getting started on putting this plan together, check out the tips below!
• Look through your home to find all possible escapes and exits, then draw a floor plan and mark down two exits from every room in your home (such as doors and windows).
• Make sure any potential escape routes are clear of clutter or items that could block exits.
• Place smoke alarms on every level of your home and in all the bedrooms.
• Do a fire drill with the entire family twice a year.
• If you have people in your home that will need help getting out in case of a fire (small children, seniors, infants, etc.), assign them a partner to aid them.
• Have a second floor? Put escape ladders in every room, so getting out through a window is possible if needed.
• Pick a meeting spot outside your home where everyone will meet after getting out. Make sure it’s a safe distance away from the home, though.
• Double-check that your house number is clear and visible on the outside of your home, so firemen can spot it easily.
• Last, but not least, make your home safer from fire hazards by have your dryer vents cleaned each year! Dryer fires are a leading cause of house fires, so getting yours professionally cleaned can prevent a disaster before it happens.
We're the experts for professional Northern NJ Dryer Vent Cleaning & repair! Give us a call at 201-345-0055 so Northern NJ Dryer Vent Wizard can help you save energy, time, and money. Some of the areas we service include: Englewood, NJ , Bergenfield, NJ, Paramus, NJ, Hackensack, NJ, Bloomfield, NJ, Passaic County, Essex county, and Morris County