Winter is here, but is your home ready & safe for these cold brisk winter days? Sure, you may have chopped some firewood or pulled out some snow shovels or gotten some driveway salt or even checked to make sure all your windows were tight and not drafty but there's more to preparing for your home for the winter (especially around these parts!). Take a look at our handy checklist and make sure your home is good to go!
1. Clean those gutters. Once all the leaves have fallen (which they should've by now), clean out your gutters. Did you know that many water-in-the-basement problems are due to clogged gutters?
2. Break out the humidity. Indoor air gets super dry during the winter, so having a humidifier on hand is an excellent idea. Dry air can cause static electricity, it can dry out houseplants, it affects the glue in furniture, and it can contribute to a variety of respiratory problems.
3. Be prepared. Seriously how many times have you sat through a week-long blackout in the cold at this point? If you've lived in the area over a year, chances are you've done this at least once. Make sure you've got essentials on hand in case of emergency: flashlights, blankets, nonperishable food items, bottled water, battery backups, a way to charge your phone, the numbers to your utility companies, first-aid kit, and if you have kids PLENTY of activities on hand.
4. And speaking of emergencies, if you don't already have one, winter is always a good time to revisit the idea of a generator. They certainly do come in handy.
5. Get your dryer vents cleaned. Over 15,000 dryer-related fires take place each year. When lint clogs a dryer duct, your home is at risk for a fire. Routine dryer vent cleaning helps to prevent costly fires, reduce dryer downtime, and keep your dryer functioning properly.
You're now ready to tackle winter head on! Stay warm out there and stay safe!
We're the experts for professional Northern NJ Metro Dryer Vent Cleaning & repair! Give us a call at 201-345-0055 so Northern NJ Dryer Vent Wizard can help you save energy, time, and money.
Some of the towns we service include: Westwood NJ, Mahwah NJ, Ridgewood NJ, Wychoff NJ, Dumont NJ, Ramsey NJ and the surrounding NY Metro areas!